Established in 2002, Cornerstone Homes was created with the vision of building quality homes at affordable prices. Our founder and president, Scott Oswald, works with each customer to construct a house that will become a home.
With almost 20 years construction experience, Scott is thorough in providing a home that successfully serves the needs and desires of each owner. Scott's construction and architectural experience allows him to customize any plan to your specifications. His insight and attention to detail can take a standard plan to the next level.
Ken Williams is our Chief Financial Officer, with over 17 years of banking experience with an emphasis in residential and construction lending. Our customers can rely on Ken to locate a lender or help navigate the lending process. Ken's expertise in the industry assures our customers a safe and reasonable lending experience.
We believe all customers deserve a wonderful building experience. To provide you with the home you envision, Cornerstone Homes can use a floor plan of your choice, whether one of our numerous offerings or one of your own. Cornerstone Homes also participates in the Energy Star Program so you can be assured that your home will not only be beautiful and suited to your specifications, but energy efficient and dependable. From the ground up, we guarantee a hands-on approach to building your home.
Cornerstone Homes offers FREE CONSULTATIONS at our office or your home, whichever is more convenient to your schedule. Let us know how we can make your dreams come true.
When you're ready to build your custom home in Central Iowa, be sure to talk to us! You can contact our sales team at www.torresteamia.com
Building a home may sound intimidating, but our goal is to make the process easy and enjoyable as we guide you on your journey to a new home. Our process consists of five main steps:
- We begin by sitting down together, listening, and understanding the goals and dreams you have for your new house. We will guide you through the process and determine what you're looking for, where you want to build, budget, timeline, and what type of house plan you're interested in - one of ours or a custom plan.
- Next, we'll work with you to find the perfect lot, break ground, and begin the building process
- We will guide you through the process of selecting exactly what you want from a few vendors - from flooring to cabinets to colors.
- Next, your choices will be implemented into the house as construction. Throughout this process, you're encouraged to visit the house and provide us with any feedback you may have.
- Construction is finished and your dream home is ready to be moved into.
"Cornerstone's exuberance, enthusiasm and character are contagious. I found that they were fair and never wavered from their standards of genuinely trying to accommodate the customer. Throughout the process I was grateful for their workmanship, from the finish carpentry to the painting. I am thanking them not only for the skill, but also the pleasant manner they presented in the process of purchasing the home."
- David J » Grimes, Iowa
"We are extremely satisfied with our Cornerstone Home! We had never built a home before, but Scott guided us through the project step by step, providing frequent communications advising us of the construction's progress. Our home was completed on time and without going over budget! The quality and craftsmanship speaks for itself!"
- Tim & Lisa D » Waukee, Iowa
We had never built a home before. Scott made it a wonderful experience, providing sound advice, professional management and attention to detail throughout the process. The result is our dream home and a great friend.
- Wayne & Paula S » West Des Moines, Iowa
"Building with Cornerstone was a wonderful experience. They truly care about the customer and the homes they build are second to none. We often suggest Cornerstone to our friends and we absolutely plan to use them again if we ever move in the future!"
- Drew & Melissa H » Waukee, Iowa